Kandy’s centrepiece is its large artificial lake, created in 1807 by Sri Wickrama Rajasinha in an area of the town previously used for paddy fields. The Kandy Lake offers a wonderful place for a stroll or a jog. The shady path surrounding the lake provides a view of the hills and the town. The lake is situated by the side of the Temple of the Tooth Relic. The Malwatte temple, one of the two head temples of the Siyam Nikaya sect of Theravada Buddhism, is also located overlooking the lake. Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe, the last king of Kandy, decorated the lake with the "walakulu" (clouds) wall. Boat rides around the lake or transfers from one end to the other can be arranged with the many boating services on the lake side.